Search This Blog

Friday, February 5, 2010

Mechado

This is actually a friend's family recipe that I learned years ago.  I published the Mechado Marinade yesterday since I usually marinate this for a whole day.  Let me share with you how that's done again.

Mechado Marinade
1 kilo beef cut into cubes (preferably nape part but brisket will also do)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
Soy Sauce
Worcestershire Sauce (I usually use Lea Perrins)
5 tsps. Kalamansi juice
A little bit of pepper

*Marinate for an hour to a whole day

Ingredients:
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 large red onion (chopped)
2 tbsp. margarine
2 tsp. pickle relish
115 g tomato sauce
1 can sliced mushrooms

Saute the garlic in margarine until golden brown.  Add the onions and saute until clear in color.  Put in the marinated beef.  Simmer for 5 minutes then add the rest of the marinade.  Add the pickle relish and tomato sauce and simmer until tender.  Add the mushrooms and simmer for 5 minutes more.  Serve hot.

Most of you would probably use a pressure cooker for this, thus, it would be more advisable to marinate the beef for a whole day.  If you choose to do it the traditional style, it would take a total of three hours to cook this dish until tender.

Serves 5-6.

I apologize... Before I can even take a photo of the finished product, my friends devoured everything to the last bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment