Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Arroz a la Cubana




Why did I only start doing this now. I should've thought about this a long time ago as I have been experimenting on recipes from cookbooks, family recipes, online recipes, etc. Yesterday, I cooked Ginataang Tilapia and it turned out really good! I'll just post another blog about that when I decide to cook that again because I forgot to take pictures.

Tonight, I had Arroz a la Cubana for dinner. I learned this from my mom a long time ago. I just adjusted this according to my own taste buds.

Ingredients:

Steamed Rice
1/4 Kilo Ground Beef
Garlic (minced)
Medium Onion (chopped)
1 large tomato (chopped)
30 g Raisins
3 pieces Saging na Saba each sliced into three and fried
115 g Tomato Sauce
2 eggs cooked sunny-side up
1 medium carrot (chopped)
1 medium potato (chopped)
2 tbsp. olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste

Saute the garlic, onions tomatoes and beef in olive oil until cooked. Add the carrots and potatoes and cook until tender. Add the tomato sauce and let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Then, add the raisins. Add salt and pepper (you can also add a beef cube if preferred).

Put the steamed rice in a bowl. Top it with the beef, eggs and saging na saba as in the photos.


Serves 5-6.





No comments:

Post a Comment